See the explanation below to participate in the spiritual exercise from home or parish – without traveling to the destination shrine – and to obtain a plenary indulgence.
Use this form to request prayers, sponsor a pilgrim, or participate from home.
It is not necessary to sponsor a pilgrim materially in order to participate from afar or to request prayers.
To participate in this spiritual exercise from home or parish – without traveling to the destination shrine – and to obtain a plenary indulgence, pilgrims can do the following:
- Form an intention and unite yourself spiritually with the other pilgrims. An intention is one’s reason for making pilgrimage: an act of love, gratitude, sacrifice (e.g., reparation for sins) you wish to offer Our Lord & Saviour, coupled with a favor or grace you ask to obtain from Him – e.g., cure of the sick, conversion of a sinner, peace in family, release of souls from purgatory, knowledge of vocation or duties of life & resolve to persevere.
- Pray (e.g.,the Holy Rosary) for the intentions of our Holy Father, the Pope.
- Receive Holy Communion worthily during the days of the pilgrimage, and confess within 8 days of Communion.
- Renounce all attachment to sin, even venial.
- Pray for your fellow pilgrims. You may use the novena (here) or the Act of Consecration to Jesus through Mary that appears here or on the thank-you page which opens when you submit this form.