Company of St. René Goupîl – sign-up
The milestone 22nd annual Pilgrimage for Restoration takes place 29 September – October 1, 2017.
A copy of this form, with instructions, is e-mailed to you automatically upon submission. Check your spam filter if it does not arrive promptly.
1. The Company of St. René Goupîl is an apostolate of pilgrims founded to provide material assistance to fellow-pilgrims of the annual Pilgrimage for Restoration to the Shrine of Our Lady of Martyrs, Auriesville NY. Members of the Company exercise charity in imitation of St. René Goupîl, offering their services voluntarily as works of mercy, both spiritual and corporal, ad majorem Dei gloriam.
2. The Company is composed of lay men and women who have reached the age of 16 and whose application has been accepted. Work for the Pilgrimage for Restoration is conducted under the direction of Company and other Pilgrimage organizers. Membership endures for one year, and must be renewed annually by application by May 1.
3. New or first-time applicants are also expected to apply and register by May 1.
4. Volunteers who apply & register before May 1 are asked to give a donation of $40 in lieu of the registration fee. A CSRG application and/or registration received after May 1 must be accompanied by the regular registration fee. ($90 after May 1; $105 after June 1; $120 after July 1; $135 after August 1; $150 after September 1.)
5. As is the long-standing custom in imitation of the zeal of St. René to save souls, all CSRGers are expected each year to invite at least one prospective pilgrim to join the Company.
Alternately, every Company member expecting not to return to service in the field come September is asked to identify his/her prospective (potential) replacement.
6. Until a volunteer signs up with the Company, other organizers are asked not to prepare with him/her for pilgrimage.
7. All volunteers accepted into the Company are to keep a copy of the letter of St. Isaac Jogues to his Jesuit superior explaining the life and martyrdom of St. René. Since members of the Company are to seek to live the spirit of their Blessed Patron, each is expected to study the letter of St. Isaac.
James V. Costante
Vice-Director for the Co. of St. René Goupîl
To pose questions about the spiritual formation, contact:
Rev. Fr. James B. Doran, OMV
Spiritual Father & Chaplain
Company of St. René Goupîl